The latest member of the Dragon Medical family, it’s designed and priced especially for smaller practices to help clinicians accelerate adoption of their chosen EHR. Using Dragon Medical Practice Edition ensures clinicians document care more completely and “in their own words.” Clinicians using Dragon Medical solutions have experienced substantially greater satisfaction than clinicians who use the EHR without Dragon Medical.
Dragon Medical Practice Edition is 99% accurate “out of the box” and includes medical vocabularies covering nearly 60 medical specialties and subspecialties. It allows clinicians to dictate in their own words, generating “once and done” documentation, which they can then review.
Dragon Medical Practice Edition lets clinicians use a narrative format to dictate the elements of a patient encounter where clinicians need to document care in their own words, including the History of Present Illness, Review of Systems, Physical Examination, and Assessment and Plan. Dragon Medical Practice Edition supports HIPAA patient confidentiality guidelines, a critical requirement for any practice concerned with patient confidentiality.
Clinicians also save additional time by using customized macros to enter frequently-dictated text with a single voice command. Additionally, the Dragon Medical Template Library—a library of more than two dozen macros for standard notes and an extensive list of “medical normals” by body system—facilitates rapid note creation. Overall, Dragon Medical solutions dramatically reduce the time clinicians spend documenting care—saving 30 minutes or more a day, according to a number of studies.
Dragon Medical significantly enhances medical charting within Practice Fusion, especially within the Past Medical History and SOAP note sections. Instead of typing, Providers simply dictate directly into Practice Fusion and Dragon Medical does the speech-to-text conversion for them providing significant time savings.
Providers leverage Dragon Medical for the narrative portions of a patient encounter (i.e. HPI, Assessment and Plan) which can be difficult to capture with a generic template and can also take a long time to type. Statistically one can dictate approximately 120 words per minute and only type 40 words per minute. Using Dragon Medical a Provider can document these narrative portions three times faster than typing! See the video below for an online demonstration...
Below is a summary of new features and capabilities in Dragon Medical Practice Edition.
• Recognition accuracy. Turns your voice into text with up to 99% accuracy. Dragon Medical Practice Edition is 15% more accurate out of the box than Dragon Medical 10.
• Smart configuration. Dragon Medical Practice Edition runs on a variety of hardware, from small netbooks to high-powered servers. The software automatically detects hardware resources and sets up the recommended configuration. Its state-of-the-art technology takes advantage of advances in hardware and runs in multiple-threads automatically when multi-core hardware is detected, to achieve better recognition performance.
• Recognition analytics. A percentage of misrecognitions can be caused by simple audio quality issues such as incorrect microphone connection or placement, background noise, and microphone out of range or low on battery. Dragon Medical Practice Edition automatically detects poor audio input; it then alerts the user (in various ways depending on the issue), offering advice to remedy the situation. This lets Dragon Medical Practice Edition use the best audio possible—an important factor for accuracy.
• Recognition speed. Dragon Medical Practice Edition significantly improves recognition response time. The software is also faster than previous editions when selecting application menu items by voice, or executing voice commands that perform actions within applications (e.g., “insert page break,” “make that red,” etc.).
• Accuracy tuning. Ability to analyze selected documents and email; includes Nothing But Speech filter to automatically eliminate “um”/“ah” utterances, filtering out unwanted speech noise that previously lowered accuracy.
• Smart corrections. In the past, corrections entered using the keyboard were not incorporated into the user profile. Now when a user dictates something and retypes it to correct a misrecognition, Dragon Medical Practice Edition identifies this as a correction and uses it to adapt the user’s profile, improving the software’s accuracy over time.
• New Dragon Sidebar. A major enhancement over Dragon Medical 10’s Sample Commands window, this new desktop assistant allows users to discover and remember many commands and tips; at any time, it lets you glance at, or explore, global commands (including mouse commands), application-specific commands and custom-created commands, as well as tips. Its contents change depending on what window is currently active. In addition, the Sidebar lets users print its content. (Note: This feature can be viewed by selecting from the Help menu.)
• Profile creation wizard. User profile creation has been redesigned to be simple and conversational. The process now offers information about why each step is needed and helps users make optimal choices. Setting up a microphone or new audio source is more clear and straightforward.
• Help System and tutorials. The Help system incorporates new tips and illustrations, a redesigned Tutorial, short videos, and easy access to related details such as a glossary of key terms.
• Navigating the computer desktop. Dragon Medical Practice Edition now supports more voice commands to show common Windows elements, including the desktop and Control Panel, or folders such as My Documents and My Pictures. New commands enable users to effortlessly switch to a specific window (Dragon Medical displays a numbered list so the user can just say the number of the desired window.) In addition, Dragon Medical Practice Edition allows shorter names for starting popular applications (e.g., “start Microsoft Word” instead of “start Microsoft Office Word 2007”).
• Improved playback. Smoother fast-forward and rewind behaviors are now available and users now have options to control speed and volume.
• Initial training time reduced for digital recording devices. Creating a new user profile for a digital recorder, or adding a digital recorder as a new audio source for an existing user profile, is now much faster: the minimum reading time required to train Dragon Medical Practice Edition with a recorder has been reduced from 15 to 4 minutes. That means clinicians can spend more time providing patient care.
• Ability to use .DSS and .DS2 files. Dragon Medical Practice Edition can now accept .dss and .ds2 formats directly. Files recorded using these digital speech recording formats (found on recorders from Olympus®, Grundig®, and Philips®) previously required conversion prior to transcription.
• Enhanced profile-opening user dialog. Dragon Medical Practice Edition displays profiles in a tree structure for faster access to multiple profiles.
All Dragon Medical Licenses purchased through MDinTouch include a FREE one (1) hour training session, thirty (30) days of FREE Customer support and a FREE Dragon Medical Training DVD!!
Contact us today for more information on pricing and availability!
TOLL FREE: 866-774-0002 or via EMAIL:
“I use the EHR for a lot of point-and-click, but for the subjective information, as well as my conclusions and impressions, that's where Dragon Medical Practice Edition shines...I would never go back to life pre-Dragon Medical.”
- Andrew Fireman, MD, CardiologistAMS Cardiology, Abington, Pennsylavania
Dragon Medical / MDinTouch Case Study
Dragon Medical Practice Edition - Datasheets:
Dragon Medical - Videos
Contact us today for more information on Practice Fusion, Dragon Medical, Medical Billing or our Transcription Services.
Toll Free: 866-774-0002 or fill out the following form